H.323 Video ConferencingThese GSBS classrooms are equipped with video conference equipment using the H.323 standard and Internet Protocol (IP) through the MD Anderson Telehealth Operations Center. Connections can be made to any location with equipment also using the H.323 standard. Regular connections are made between GSBS and MD Anderson Science Park.
Considerations for planning your video conference meeting.
- You are responsible for technical and scheduling arrangements at each participating site. For GSBS, follow the Classroom Reservation process. For Science Park, Contact Brian Cunningham with Technical Services. For other participating sites, identify their room scheduling process as soon as possible.
- At least a 2 business day lead time is required prior to your meeting date.
- GSBS does not charge a fee for video conferencing but other sites may, especially cancellation fees.
- A 30 minute prep and connection time is required prior to your start time. Please include this when making your room reservations.
- GSBS will provide video conference setup. If connecting to a participating site for the first time, we recommend a test connection that will require you to make an additional room reservation request.
- Video conference operational hours are Mondays through Fridays, 8 am to 5 pm Central Standard Time.
- Distribute presentation files and documents to all participants beforehand in the event that connection quality might degrade during the meeting.
Considerations for taking courses via video conference.
- Plan ahead. Courses available for video conference each semester depends on classroom equipment, registered students at each site and the course coordinator.
- Identify the courses typically offered each semester and inform GSBS Academic Affairs of your intent to take a course via video conference. At Science Park, also inform Rebecca Deen. It will be necessary to obtain the approval of the course coordinator.
- Once cleared by GSBS Academic Affairs, register for the course within the regular registration period NOT during the late registration period.