- Computers in the GSBS Computer Lab and other UTHealth campus locations
- Send and receive email
- Secure UTHealth Wi-Fi Access Points
- myUTH: https://my.uth.tmc.edu/
- Canvas: https://www.uth.edu/canvas/
- myGSBS: https://atapps.uth.tmc.edu/myGSBS/
- UTHealth Intranet: https://inside.uthouston.edu/
How do I get my network account? Your network account will be activated when the IDM hold in your student record in myUTH is cleared.
- Students are issued an official UTHealth email account, @uth.tmc.edu.
- Storage Space: 2 Gigabytes
- Webmail: http://webmail.uth.tmc.edu/
- Mobile Device Support for iOS, Android and Windows Phone.
- Email Client Configuration. NOTE: Most email clients can support multiple Exchange accounts. If you are adding this as an additional Exchange account, please choose "add" instead of "change" when going through these instructions. For computers owned by your institution, you may need to solicit the help of your local IT support. Setup Instructions for: Outlook 2007/2010/2013 (Windows), Outlook Mac 2011 (OS X), Apple Mail.App (OS X).
- Back-up your emails (Outlook client). NOTE: your email account must be configured in an Outlook email client.
- UTH-Share (powered by Google Apps for Education)
- Storage Space: Unlimited
UTHealth and MD Anderson Buildings have wireless network connectivity with secure and guest wireless access points. It is preferred that you connect through the secure access points which will ask for login credentials. You will need to open a web browser on your device after you connect to a Guest wireless access point to confirm the connection.
Free Anti-Virus Software
- Windows: Microsoft Security Essentials. Definition updates are free. This product is supported directly by Microsoft and requires a validated Windows license to install.
- OS X: Sophos Anti-Virus for Mac Home Edition. Definition updates are free. This product is supported by an online community hosted on the developer's site.
Two-Factor Authentication (You must enroll to access Webmail and Employee Self Service outside the UTHealth network and VPN)Two-factor authentication, also known as two-step authentication, adds an additional layer of assurance onto your normal login process. This is done by both verifying something you know, such as a password, and something you have, such as a phone.
You must first enroll your phone by following these instructions. Once enrolled, you will then be able to use your phone as a second factor for applications that require two-factor authentication. You may enroll any type of phone. However, we highly recommend enrolling your smartphone with the optional smartphone app.
On Campus Registration
- Connect to the UTHealth network using the secure Wifi Access Point UTHSCH or use a computer in the GSBS Computer Lab S3.8112
- Access our Two-Factor Login page.
- Log in with your existing UTHealth credentials.
- If you have never enrolled, you will be prompted to enroll with enrollment instructions for your device.
For further assistance on enrollment, please visit this guide.
Off Campus Registration
- Contact the UTHealth Help Desk at (713) 486-4848. The Help Desk operational hours are Monday through Friday from 7:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. and from 8 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on weekends.
Virtual Private Networking (VPN) enables staff, students and faculty to securely connect to the UTHealth network from home and other remote locations in order to access network resources such as shared drives, intranet sites and remote desktop enabled computers. VPN encrypts the data before it is sent across the Internet. Download and install the SonicWall Mobile Connect app from thew Windows App Store or Apple App Store. For instructions, refer to the Working From Home Guide.
The UTHealth Software Distribution Center at http://www.hied.com/uthealth/ sells Windows and Mac programs at educational pricing. Please contact them for current pricing and availability. There are excellent deals on Microsoft titles.
On-Campus Computer Access
- Graduate School .......................... GSBS Computer lab, Room S3.8112, BSRB Building (Open 24 Hours with ID Badge Access)
- School of Public Health ............... Computer Services, Room E-11 (basement), RAS Building
- School of Nursing ........................ Learning Resource Center, Room 306. Computer Labs, Rooms 310, 311,312. SON Building.
- Medical School ............................ Learning Resource Center, Room G200, MSB Building.
- Houston Academy of Medicine/TMC Library………..Microcomputer Skills Lab, Learning Resource Center, Basement