MOBILE DEVICE SUPPORT for STUDENTS
GSBS Students are allowed to connect an iOS, Android, or Windows Phone device to the UTHealth e-mail system via AirWatch.
The behavior of your mobile device will change:
- Passcode policies:
- A minimum of four (4) characters required
- A maximum of ten (10) failed passcode attempts before a device is wiped
- A maximum passcode age of ninety (90) days.
- A number of ten (10) passcode history
- Device lock timeout of fifteen (15) minutes
- Jailbroken/Rooted devices are not allowed
In the event that AirWatch detects a device is jailbroken or rooted, access to UT email from that device will be blocked. See LINK for the dangers of jailbreaking/rooting your device.
How to request:
STEP 1: Fill out the acknowledgement form. This is required. You need to read and agree to the University's Mobile Device Policy.
STEP 2: If you have previously configured UTHealth email on your device, you must remove it before registering with AirWatch. Click here.
STEP 3: Register your device.