GS04 1235 Basic and Translational Cancer Biology
The Cancer Biology Core course will synthesize knowledge of critical aspects
Students enrolled in this course will be expected to perform the following activities each week.
- Read, process, and review (study) material from 1-2 book chapters.
- Read 2 research articles (e.g. primary research and review articles).
- Write 2 one-page literature synopses for the assigned research articles (see Course Grading for more detail).
- Prepare for and take course quizzes based on course readings/lectures.
- Participate in and contribute to course discussions during lecture, review sessions and through written formats.
Students are expected to complete all assigned reading material (book chapters and research literature) prior to class. While students may work and discuss all course materials and assignments in groups, all writing assignments must be the students' own work. Plagiarism and failure to properly cite scientific literature and other sources will not be tolerated and are grounds for dismissal from the course and further GSBS disciplinary action.