Click here for the Spring 2019 course listing
Employees of institutions within the Texas Medical Center may register as a non-degree student for one or more GSBS course each term provided they have the instructor's consent, their supervisor's approval and have complete documentation by the deadline date.
A completed application/registration form must be submitted to the Office of the Registrar at 7000 Fannin Suite 2250 Houston, TX 77030. For Spring 2019, this form must be submitted by 5:00 pm on Dec. 21. The Office of the Registrar will not enroll you in the class unless all requirements below are completed. Please allow yourself plenty of time to obtain the appropriate documentation.
You may choose to take a course for audit or credit and the following forms are only applicable for GSBS courses.
To take a course for credit:
To audit a course:
Dates to remember: (dates below are valid only for Spring 2019 term)
- Open Registration: Nov. 14 - Dec. 21
- Payment Deadline: Jan. 11 (balance after this date is subject to a $25.00 late fee)
- Add/Drop (no transcript entry): Jan. 14 - 30 (registered students only)
- Drop w/ WP or WF grade: March 22
- Spring Class Start Date: Jan. 14
- Spring Class End Date: May 3
- Exams:May 6 - 10
Documents required: (by the registrar’s office to complete registration before the above deadline)
- Complete and submit Certificate of Immunization:
- Certain immunizations are required before a student can register for classes. A hold will be placed on your record until the form is received. A complete immunization form must be uploaded into myUTH. You will receive your myUTH account information via email from the Office of the Registrar once your information has been processed by the Registrar's office. Please see the FAQ for questions or contact Student Health Services for assistance regarding required immunizations.
- Beginning with the Spring 2012 semester, Texas law mandates that all new and transfer students show proof of vaccination against bacterial meningitis. For more information, including exceptions permitted by law, please see page 4 of the immunization form.
- Residency Information (if claiming Texas residency)
- Criminal Background Check (processing takes 5-10 days) – Complete criminal background check (CBC) and identify verification. GSBS has contracted with Pre-Check to process background checks for entering students. This background check is a separate requirement from any background check performed as part of your employment.
Please follow this link to begin the process of obtaining the background check. You are responsible for the payment of any fees associated with the CBC processing and the amount may vary depending on country/state. Pre-Check will contact you directly regarding additional fees. For questions regarding the background check, please contact Karen Weinberg
- Completed Sponsorship Authorization Form (only needed if a program or department will pay your tuition and fees). The sponsor or program should submit the form electronically by Dec. 21, 2018 and follow the GSBS-Specific Guide when completing the form. If the tuition and fees are not sponsored or paid (if you are self-funded) on January 30, 2019 by 5:00 p.m., the student’s registration will be canceled. The Registrar will make no exceptions to this rule and the student will not be reinstated for the Spring Semester. For questions regarding the sponsorship authorization form/process, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Students who will be paying on their own should make it a point to check myUTH to know what they need to pay in tuition and fees.
- Employees on a visa who wish to take a GSBS course as a non-degree seeking employee will also need to check with the UTHealth Office of International Affairs. This office may be reached at email@example.com. They are located at 7000 Fannin, Suite 130
Houston, Texas 77030
For further information about the registration process or to follow up on your registration, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that employees who take a GSBS course are subject to the same policies and grading systems used for regular GSBS degree-seeking students.