To register for classes, go to myUTH. You may also download the myUTH Campus Mobile app from the Apple App Store and the Google Play Store. If you have a problem with your MyUTH login, call the UT Help Desk at 713-486-4848 between the hours of 8 am and 5 pm on weekdays.
Dates to remember/SPRING 2018: (only applicable to degree-seeking students)
- Open Registration: Nov 13 - Dec 15
- Sponsorship Authorization Forms (recommended submission by): Dec. 18, 2017
- Payment Deadline: Jan. 5, 2018 (balance after this date is subject to a $25.00 late payment fee)
- Late Registration: Jan 8 - 12 ($25.00 late registration fee applies)
- Add/Drop (no transcript entry): Jan 8 - 24 (registered students only)
- Drop w/ WP or WF grade: Jan 25 - Mar 9
- Spring Classes Begin: Jan 8
- Last Class Day: Apr 27
- Exams: Apr 30 - May 4
Minimum hours for
Contact the following for:
- Academic Advising: Dr. William Mattox; 713/745-4866
- Academic Advising: Brenda
- Registration Process: Bunny
- Sponsorship Authorization Forms, Health Insurance
- Tutorials at MD Anderson: Jeannette McGee; 713/745-5257
- MyUTH Technical Problems: Registrar’s office (email@example.com) or UT Help Desk 713-486-4848
- To audit a class, please refer to this page
- Check and clear your record for any Holds. You will not be able to register unless you clear your holds.
- Research in Biomedical Sciences (GS00 1520), Thesis (GS00 1910) or Dissertation (GS00 1920) carries a default credit value of 9 hours. These courses are of variable credit, i.e. you can register for the course anywhere from 1 to 9 credit hours. If you are signing up for other didactic courses, please adjust the hours of your research, thesis or dissertation course accordingly so you don’t incur additional tuition and fees costs.
- Students expecting to complete their degree requirements and graduate this term must submit an application for graduation on the MyUTH student portal. A seventy-five dollar non-refundable fee will be assessed at this time.
- It is important to register every semester. As stated in the GSBS Catalog, any student who fails to register for any semester and who has not been granted an official leave of absence or been approved as a non-registered candidate for a degree will be considered to have withdrawn from GSBS. Once having withdrawn, a student who wishes to continue formal studies must apply and be readmitted to GSBS.
Tutorials at MD Anderson:
If you will be doing a tutorial or joining a lab at MD Anderson, please contact Jeannette McGee as soon as possible at 713/745-5257 or JMcGee@mdanderson.org.
Health Insurance Certification and Documentation Requirements
- All Students: Please review these instructions before you certify/confirm your health insurance certification.
- International Students Only: Beginning Spring 2015, as part of a mandate by UT System Board of Regents, all international students are required to (a) purchase/enroll in “student” health insurance, or (b) complete an electronic waiver if you have “employee” health insurance. If you are a paid Graduate Research Assistant (GRA) and have “employee” health insurance, other or private insurance, you must submit an electronic waiver. An email reminder that includes more information is sent by UT Auxiliary Enterprises each semester. If you have any questions related to this requirement, please contact Auxiliary Enterprises at 713/500-8400 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Part Time Registration
Part-time registration requires prior approval from Dr. Bill Mattox, Associate Dean for Graduate Education.
1. Students on a visa should contact the Office of International Affairs and GSBS regarding any plans to register
2. If you have a scholarship/fellowship, are on a visa, or receive financial aid, registering
3. Students on their final semester may request part-time registration only if a petition for defense has been approved and received in the GSBS Office of Academic Affairs by the time of registration.
Payment of Tuition and Fees (T&F):
Self-Funded Students – See below for information related to Payment:
Sponsored Students – The Sponsorship Authorization Form should be submitted by December 18,
SPECIAL NOTE TO STUDENTS – Please verify that your sponsor has paid your T&F for the fall semester. To check on the status of your T&F payment,
What fees are not covered by sponsorship forms:
- Late Registration Fees
- Late Payment Fees
- Graduation Fees
- Transcript Fees
- Audit Course Fees
- Evacuation/Repatriation Fees
- “Student” Health Insurance purchased through Auxiliary Enterprises
ALLOWABILITY – NIH guidelines permit the payment of T&F for a student supported