Sponsorship of Tuition and Fees
To sponsor a GSBS student’s tuition and fees (T&F), a Sponsorship Authorization Form can be submitted on-line, to authorize payment from a specified fund or account.
SPONSORSHIP AUTHORIZATION FORMS
- The Student’s myUTH Campus Solution (CS) ID# is needed to begin. Contact Sabina Martinez if you do not have it.
- Forms submitted go directly to the Bursar’s Office, not to GSBS.
- If need to pay T&F from multiple accounts, a form is required for each account. Only one account per form, per student, per semester.
- Press “Print” button to keep a copy for your records.
- Bursar’s Office will post the sponsorship on the student’s account to indicate that T&F for the semester is sponsored/”paid.”
The recommended deadline to submit the form is generally 2 weeks before the 1st day of class.
The actual deadline is 5 p.m., Friday before the 1st day of class. After that, the student is charged a late payment fee. If a form is not submitted by the 20th day of class for Fall and Spring terms (15th day for Summer term), the student’s enrollment will be cancelled/dropped for that semester. The Registrar’s Office will make no exceptions to this rule and the student will not be reinstated for that semester.
Click the GSBS Registration website for the latest deadline dates.
BILLING AND PAYMENT
Some time after the 20th day of class, the Bursar’s Office begins the billing process. The billing and payment process vary depending on the institution and account entered to pay for the student’s T&F:
- For UTHealth: Charges are billed directly against the sponsor’s account. Bursar’s Office will enter a journal entry in Peoplesoft FMS.
- For MD Anderson: Bursar's Office will send an invoice to MDACC Accounting Department with a list of all the required information from the forms submitted. MDACC Accounting will process and charge directly against the sponsor’s account for that semester. After all charges are processed, MDACC Accounting will send a check to UTHealth Bursar’s Office.
- For Faculty/Sponsors at other institutions: Bursar’s Office will send an invoice. Please process payment as soon as possible. If payment is not received promptly, the student may have a Hold on their account, preventing them from registering for the next semester.
NIH guidelines permit the payment of T&F for a student supported on a research grant, since this is standard practice that will apply to all students at GSBS. When T&F payment is requested from an active NIH grant, the appropriate institutional officials (the PAF team at UTHealth, or Grants and Contracts Accounting at M.D. Anderson) may contact the PI, if necessary, to get the information needed to approve the payment locally. [In UTHealth, the PAF team may request submission of a certification form of the type shown on the GSBS Website at https://gsbs.uth.edu/academics/forms/ or accessed directly at https://gsbs.uth.edu/dotAsset/ae70c7a6-54a2-43c3-8e77-cba55e8404f1.pdf.] Please contact your institutional Sponsored Projects Administration with any questions about inclusion of T&F in the budgets of future grant applications that you anticipate may fund GSBS students.
Students should ALWAYS check their account statement each semester at least 1 week before the payment deadline date, and take appropriate actions if the balance is not yet $0.
If there is any balance after the payment deadline date, a late payment fee will be added to the student’s term bill. Students are responsible for paying any late fees.
CONTACT FOR QUESTIONS
GSBS Finance 713-500-8801
Bursar’s Office 713-500-3088