“I joined this organization because being part of a community that cares about your success as a minority biomedical researcher makes all the difference”!
- Ileana Corsi
- Albert Hunt won 1st place in the category of Post-candidacy Poster presentation at GSBS Student Research Day 2016.
- Angie Torres Adorno was recognized with the R.W. Butcher Achievement Award for her research as well as contributions to society as a whole.
- Arianexys Aquino Lopez was selected as recipient for the American Legion Auxiliary Fellowship in Cancer Research 2016.
- Ayesha Khan was one of 40 attendees selected internationally to attend the Advanced Course on Antibiotics sponsored by Intitut Pasteur and Fondation Merieux in Annecy, France for which she received a GSBS travel award. Ayesha was also a finalist at the GSBS Elevator Speech competition.
- Carrie Graham was awarded the Ruth L. Kirschstein National Research Service Award to Promote Diversity in Health-Related Research from the National Institutes of Health (F31-Diversity). Read her story here. Carrie was also awarded the Investing in Student Futures Scholarship.
- Kimiya Memarzadeh was awarded the Roberta M. and Jean M. Worsham Endowed Fellowship for her research in neuroscience. Kimiya also won 2nd place at the GSBS Elevator Speech competition.
- Marimar de la Cruz Bonilla won 2nd place in the category of Pre-candidacy & MS Poster presentation at GSBS Student Research Day 2016. Marimar was also selected as recipient for the American Legion Auxiliary Fellowship in Cancer Research 2016.
- Sahily Reyes was named Albert Schweitzer Fellow, this fellowship offers graduate students the opportunity to design and implement a health-related, 200-hour, year-long community project. Read her story here. Sahily was also selected as a recipient of The Russel and Diana Hawkins Family Foundation Discovery Fellowship for her research in neurodegenerative disease.
- Vincent Bernard was awarded the Sylvan Rodriguez Foundation Scholarship Honoring George M. Stancel, Ph.D. for an outstanding MS or pre-candidacy student. Vincent was also selected as recipient for the American Legion Auxiliary Fellowship in Cancer Research 2016.
If you'd like us to feature your academic successes, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org