The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center UTHealth Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences is now an institutional partner of the Association for Women in Science (AWIS).
AWIS is the largest multi-disciplinary organization for women in STEM dedicated to achieving equity and full participation of women in all disciplines and across all employment sectors. AWIS reaches more than 20,000 professionals in STEM around the country.
UT-GSBS supports and promotes diversity in STEM by providing faculty and undergraduate/graduate students with professional development and leadership training with information tailored to help you succeed.
As a result of the partnership with AWIS, all interested undergraduate/graduate students enrolled in any STEM program are eligible to receive a one year FREE membership in AWIS. All you need to do is sign up! Utilize the following steps to active your account immediately:
- Go to https://awis.org/AWIScollegiaterep
- Set up user name and put in first and last name
- Click on “accept this membership” and continue
- Complete the registration form
- Click on the appropriate institution
- Certify that you are a graduate/undergraduate student
- Click on submit to complete the process
AWIS Membership Benefits
As an AWIS member you have access to a number of programs and services:
- AWIS Magazine, our award-winning magazine – covering research, workplace trends, career advancement and our work in Washington, DC.
- Washington Wire, our bi-weekly e-newsletter providing a digest of “hot-topic” articles covering careers, education, science and technology work-life satisfaction, health, events and opportunities.
- Exposure to a variety of career opportunities in industry, government, non-profit and academia through the AWIS Career Center
- Leadership and talent development training through our live and on-demand webinars
- Your local chapter or affiliate group –(chapter dues may be required) – where you can interact with other AWIS members and expand your network