Resources available to GSBS students impacted by Harvey
- GSBS students can contact the Deans' Office at Talk2GSBS@uth.tmc.edu. Emails sent to this address will be answered by GSBS Deans' Office staffers and they will work with you to get the resources you need.
- The Graduate School has 90-day interest-free emergency loans of up to $1,500 available to enrolled students who have been impacted by Harvey. Please email Bunny Perez with GSBS Academic Affairs for more information.
- ASBMB Hurricane Harvey Award Application: The American Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (ASBMB) is accepting applications from those affected by Hurricane Harvey for small grants (up to $2,000) for personal or professional use. Click here for complete details.
- AMBR Harvey Support Team: The Association of Minority Biomedical Researchers (AMBR) has a support team of volunteers on standby to assist students in cleaning their homes or relocating. To receive assistance, fill out this form and AMBR members will schedule a clean-up or moving day with you ASAP! Trucks and limited supplies are available.
- Please check institutional resources available through MD Anderson and UTHealth.
- UTHealth Student Health & Counseling Services is available around the clock to support your physical, emotional and mental well-being. Open to all GSBS students. For an appointment, call 713-500-5171 between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday-Friday. You may also visit the clinic, which has been temporarily relocated to Suite 510 in the UT Professional Building, 6410 Fannin St. After hours, please contact 713-500-5173 and you will be connected to our on call physicians. The 24-hour crisis line, 713-500-IMUT(4688), is also a resource available to you.
Peer Editing Program: https://gsbs.uth.edu/current-students/
UTHealth Discount Program: https://www.uth.edu/uthealth-discount-program/uthealth-discount-program.htm
GSBS GRA Business Card order form: https://gsbs.uth.edu/career-development/resources.htm
TMC LEAD Calendar: https://go.uth.edu/TMCleadcalendar
GSBS Newsmaker form: https://gsbs.uth.edu/academics/forms/newsmaker-form.htm
GSBS downloadable items page: https://gsbs.uth.edu/about/gsbs-logo-downloads.htm
GSBS TA's, Internships & Job Opportunities: https://gsbs.uth.edu/career-development/ta-internships-jobs.htm
IMUT: UT Student Counseling Crisis Hotline: 713.500.4688 (IMUT)
GSBS Social Media Index: https://gsbs.uth.edu/about/social-media.htm
GSBS International Student Handbook: https://uthealth.uberflip.com/i/863859-international-student-brochure