UT GCP Governance
1. GCP Faculty Meetings
Mission: To provide a forum for open communication between GCP leadership and faculty by disseminating information, performing core competency evaluations of the students, and eliciting feedback.
Members: All individuals associated with GCP student supervision
2. GCP Advisory Board
Mission: To ensure the relevance of the GCP by proposing changes to meet the evolving needs of the genetic counseling profession; by promoting the GCP in the greater community and by providing a forum for discussion of GCP Faculty concerns.
Members: Core planning committee and representatives from major areas of GC growth
- Program Directors - Claire Singletary, Jennifer Czerwinski
- Medical Director - Laura Farach
- Founding Director - Jacqueline Hecht
- Administration - Michelle Barton
- Coordinator of Recruitment and Outreach - Sarah Noblin
- Prenatal - Rebecca Carter
- Medical Genetics - Leslie Dunnington
- Cancer - Sarah Bannon
- Industry/Management - Kaylene Ready
- Industry/Laboratory - Michelle Jackson
- Recent Alumni - Christina Falugi
- Industry/Sales - Katie Plunkett
3. Core Genetic Counselor Group
Mission : To assess the effectiveness and improve the GCP by evaluating curriculum, rotations, students, and interviews; by setting goals and writing objectives; by providing feedback and education for thesis committee members, supervisors, and lecturers.
Members: Program directors and at least one member from each major area of specialization Claire Singletary, Jennifer Czerwinski, Jen Hoskovec, Myla Ashfaq, Molly Daniels