GSBS Student Research Day Social Media Scavenger Hunt
Complete six out of nine of the following tasks on Twitter, Facebook or Instagram (one platform only, please) using the hashtags, #GSBSsrd2019, #GSBSsrd2019hunt, #WeAreGSBS by 6p.m. on Thursday, June 27. Entrants who complete all six tasks AND complete this form will be eligible to be selected for one of five prizes listed below. Winners will be announced on Friday, June 28, on social media!
Please see below for rules and prize information.
**Contest is only open to current Graduate School students**
Your Twitter, Facebook or Instagram account should be public and you should be a follower of MD Anderson UTHealth Graduate School on whichever social media platform you use to participate in the contest. Please only use one platform to compete in the contest. You can post across platforms, but in order to win, tasks must be completed and posted on one platform:
Post your photos to Twitter, Facebook or Instagram with the hashtags #GSBSsrd2019 #GSBSsrd2019hunt #WeAreGSBS
Each photo can only count for one item.
Be creative with your shots!
Only current GSBS students, in good academic standing, are eligible to win.
In order to be eligible to be selected for a prize, you must complete six out of nine tasks and all photos must be submitted by 6p.m. on Thursday, June 27.
Winners will be selected randomly from all eligible entrants and will be announced on social media on Friday, June 28.
*Important: Please do not post any photos of other individuals without obtaining permission first.
- Take a selfie with a GSRD poster around campus – this can be completed in the weeks leading up to GSRD! (Hint: Posters can be found at SCRB4, BSRB, IMM, and MMS)
- Take a photo of your favorite poster (and its presenter) during the Wednesday (June 26) poster preview or Thursday poster session.
- Show your GSBS pride: Take a photo with the PlanetGSBS portrait, GSBS framed timeline or the GSBS time capsule. (You didn’t know that the GSBS has a time capsule?)
- Take a photo with a GSBS Dean, faculty, or staff member during GSRD.
- Work on your pitch! Take a photo in an elevator while pitching your science.
- Get some fresh air! Take a group picture with three or more students outside the Mitchel Building (BSRB) in front of the waterfall (McGovern Commons Garage located next door to the GSBS).
- The Bigger Picture: Capture a wide view of the scene at GSRD. It could be the crowd in Onstead Auditorium, the poster session, or maybe the BSRB itself – get creative!
- Share something interesting you hear from Dr. Janelle Ayres during her keynote speech.
- Take a picture of a student accepting their award during the awards ceremony and congratulate them!
Five winners will be selected to receive a GSBS captain’s chair!