When: Friday, February 15, 2019 (9:00 a.m. – 9:45 a.m. optional workshop)
Time: 10:00am - 4:30pm
Where: Onstead Auditorium
The George and Cynthia Mitchell Basic Sciences Research Building
6767 Bertner Avenue
Houston, TX 77030
Please Register! (Deadline for online registration extended until February 10)
On-site registration and abstract submission will open early January.
The deadline for registration is February 10, 2019
Come join us for this day-long event designed to foster communication and collaboration among molecular pathogenesis researchers in Texas! All faculty, students, fellows (research or clinical) and staff interested in pathogenesis and infectious diseases are welcome to attend.
Please register even if you do not intend to present a poster, so that we can get an accurate count for the luncheon and refreshments. Please contact Joyce Brown if you have questions. We hope to see you there!
Sponsored by: The Molecular Basis of Infectious Diseases Training Program
Department of Microbiology & Molecular Genetics, UTHealth McGovern Medical School Center for Emerging and Re-Emerging Pathogens, McGovern Medical School, Houston.
The retreat includes:
Keynote Speakers: Andrew Koh, M.D.
University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas
Title of Presentation: Bacterial and Fungal Pathogen Colonization Resistance in the Mammalian Gastrointestinal Tract
James Versalovic, MD
Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas
Title of Presentation: Modulation of Intestinal Immunity and Neoplasia by Probiotics
- Additional oral presentations by selected graduate students and fellows
- Poster session with awards for best posters from graduate students and fellows
(1st, 2nd, and 3rd awards of $200/$100/$50 in each category)
- Optional workshop (9:00-9:45 am) on Career Development in Microbiology/Infectious Diseases.
All graduate students, fellows, junior faculty or other interested individuals are welcome to attend.
- Continental Breakfast and Luncheon.
- Theresa M. Koehler, Ph.D., UTHealth McGovern Medical School at UTHealth
- Steven J. Norris, Ph.D., UTHealth McGovern Medical School at UTHealth
- Heidi Kaplan, Ph.D., UTHealth McGovern Medical School at UTHealth
- Joyce Brown, MID Program Coordinator, UTHealth McGovern Medical School; Joyce.M.Brown@uth.tmc.edu, 713-500-8805