MD Anderson UTHealth Graduate School provides a unique opportunity to train within the Texas Medical Center, one of the foremost medical and research centers in the world. Students pursuing an M.S. degree at GSBS will receive access to top research programs and faculty, a curriculum that develops their potential while fostering leadership and mentoring skills, and training that prepares them for top positions across the biomedical workforce.
WHY CHOOSE GSBS?
- Collaborative, cutting edge, interdisciplinary research environment
- Exposure to industry and technology startups
- Career Development coaching, workshops, and seminars
- A welcoming and close-knit GSBS community
- Professional student groups
- Lower cost of living and excellent location in one of America’s most award-winning cities
- Our M.S. alumni represent a distinguished group of professionals, educators, researchers, clinicians, medical physicists, and genetic counselors
“The Master’s program at GSBS gave me an unmatched opportunity to gain quality research experience which allowed me to approach my Ph.D. training with confidence.” - Dr. Aundrietta Duncan (M.S. in Biomedical Sciences, ’11, Ph.D. in Genes and Development, '18 – Barton Lab)
“I could happily point out that all of our S.M.S. students have had success. Sometimes they have decided to further their studies and pursue a Ph.D., other times they have directly entered the workforce. Importantly, all of them have been able to choose their preference. I think that’s probably the best aspect of the program.” - Dr. Stephen Kry (M.S., Ph.D. in Medical Physics, ’03, ’07 – Salhepour Lab)
"When I started the M.S. program, I saw it as a stepping stone to help me get into a professional school. I ended up discovering my love for research and applied for the PhD program. But after I completed the M.S. Program, I could have been prepared for anything." - Natalie Sirisaengtaksin (M.S. in Cell Biology, ’10, Ph.D. in Neuroscience, '17 – Bean Lab)