The "Fast Track" is intended for students who are certain that they want to affiliate with the Neuroscience Program -- their course requirements are:
- GS00 1514 Tutorial Research Experience (3 rotations are required)
- GS21 1152 Scientific Writing
- GS21 1051 The Ethical Dimensions of the Biomedical Sciences
- GS14 1063 Molecular Neurobiology
- GS14 1143 Cellular Neurophysiology
- GS14 1024 Systems Neuroscience
- GS14 1173 Cognitive Neuroscience
- GS14 1612 Biostatistics for the Life Sciences
The "Traditional Track" is intended for students who are interested in neuroscience but want to keep their options open so that they may affiliate with a different GSBS Program if they choose. These students take the GSBS core course, GS21 1017 Foundations of Biomedical Research, in addition to the courses listed above.
Students who take the fast track will complete their course requirements in two semesters whereas those who follow the traditional track will complete their requirements in three semesters.