- International students are required to check in with the Office of International Affairs (OIA) at UTHealth in advance of Orientation. You should plan to arrive in the US in time to check in with OIA by the end of business on August 16, 2019. You must schedule an appointment in advance in order to check in with OIA. Please contact Karen once you have confirmed your OIA appointment date and time. Failure to check in with OIA prior to Orientation may cause a delay in payment of stipend (if applicable).
- International students who will be performing rotations at MD Anderson must also check in with the MD Anderson Visa and Immigration Service Administration (VISA) office.
- Students who earn degrees from international universities are to required have their transcripts evaluated by an outside agency to ensure that the degree is, at least, equivalent to a U.S. baccalaureate degree. This general evaluation is due August 1, 2019.
- International students entering GSBS who do not have a degree from a university in the United States are required to take an English assessment exam. Students with degrees from US universities are encouraged to attend the assessment.
- International students are required to pay a per-semester evacuation/repatriation fee. This fee will be reflected in your account statement after you register, and will not be covered by GSBS or your mentor. The fee for Fall 2019 semester is $32.