In addition to the general GSBS course requirements, the QS Program requires the following courses:
- Introduction to Bioinformatics GS01 1143
- Biostatistics for Life Sciences GS14 1612 (except for Biostatistics Track)
- Quantitative Sciences Student Seminar Series GS01 1031 (enroll every semester unless student has a direct course conflict)
- Journal Club (attend for one semester during degree program -- may be done after candidacy exam)
QS students are also expected to take courses required by one of the Program's four tracks:
Students who declare a Secondary Area of Concentration in Quantitative Sciences are required to take:
All of the QS program required courses or equivalent quantitative courses on a case-by case basis as approved by the Program Director
- You will be required to add a QS faculty to your advisory committee
- Please reach out to the QS Director for any further questions or concerns
Quantitative Sciences Program Prerequisites:
- Biostatistics Track – background requirements: 1) college-level calculus 2) linear algebra 3) and statistics. It is highly recommended that students have an MS degree in Statistics or Biostatistics.
- Bioinformatics/Systems Biology/Quantitative Genomics Tracks – experience with programming in R or Python is highly recommended.
For questions regarding the curriculum for the Quantitative Sciences program, please email email@example.com