GS07 1751 Microbiology and Molecular Genetics Seminar Series
- Course Director(s): Michael Lorenz
- Semester: Spring and Fall
- Frequency: Annually
- Credit Hours: 1
- Grading System: Pass/Fail
- Prerequisites: None
This is a required course for all MID Program students except for those in their final thesis/dissertation writing semester.
Students registered for this course will attend the weekly departmental seminars series in the Department of Microbiology and Molecular Genetics. Attendance of at least 75% of the seminars is required for a passing grade.
While the expectation is that students attend seminars in-person, students whose labs are not in the MSB/MSE will have the opportunity to participate remotely via WebEx. If a student wants to participate remotely, the student must request permission from Michael.Lorenz@uth.tmc.edu and Carolyn.A.AgurciaParker@uth.tmc.edu prior to the beginning of the semester. Students in the MSB/MSE who are ill or otherwise unable to attend individual seminars may also request permission to attend remotely by emailing Michael.Lorenz@uth.tmc.edu and Carolyn.A.AgurciaParker@uth.tmc.edu prior to the beginning of the session.
Since students are given credit based on participation and attendance, remote students will be asked to demonstrate their engagement by one of these actions:
- Asking a question. Remote students will be given the opportunity to ask a question of the speaker. Students who do so will be noted and given credit for remote attendance.
- Handing in a short write-up. The write-up should consist of the following: A) A description of the purpose of the research study in one or two sentences. AND B) A description of any concerns about the research OR an idea for future experiments related to the work. The write-up should be submitted to both Michael.Lorenz@uth.tmc.edu and Carolyn.A.AgurciaParker@uth.tmc.edu to receive attendance credit.