GS07 1751 Microbiology and Molecular Genetics Seminar Series
- Course Coordinator(s): Koehler, Theresa
- Semester: Spring and Fall
- Frequency: Annually
- Credit Hours: 1
- Grading System: Pass/Fail
Koehler, Theresa. One semester hour. Fall and Spring, annually. Grading System: Pass or Fail. Prerequisite: none. This is a required course for all MID Program students except for those in their final thesis/dissertation writing semester. Attendance of at least 75% of the seminars is required for a passing grade.
Students will attend the weekly departmental seminars series in the Department of Microbiology and Molecular Genetics.
While the preference is that students attend seminar live, due to the continuing COVID-19 pandemic, students and other participants will have the opportunity to participate remotely via WebEx. If a student wants to participate remotely, the student must inform both Theresa.M.Koehler@uth.tmc.edu and Carolyn.A.AgurciaParker@uth.tmc.edu prior to the beginning of the meeting.
Since students are given credit based on participation and attendance, remote students will be asked to demonstrate their engagement by one of these actions:
1. Asking a question. Remote students will be given the opportunity to ask a question of the speaker. Students who do so will be noted and given credit for remote attendance.
2. Handing in a short write-up. The write-up should consist of the following: A) A description of the purpose of the research study in one or two sentences. AND B) A description of any concerns about the research OR an idea for future experiments related to the work. The write-up should be submitted to both Theresa.M.Koehler@uth.tmc.edu and Carolyn.A.AgurciaParker@uth.tmc.edu to receive attendance credit.