The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston
McGovern Medical School
Departments of Pediatrics
- Construction of a Turner Syndrome (TS) Registry that will allow clinical research, particularly in the topic of genotype-phenotype correlation in TS.
- I direct the Glycogen Storage Disease (GSD) program that actively follows more than twenty patients with GSD I, III or IX. This cohort will be an area for future clinical research.
- In conjunction with Dr. Mary Ruppe, MD, I participate in the clinical follow up of patients with Calcium Metabolic Disorders, in particular of a large cohort of patients with X-linked Hypophosphatemic Rickets at Shriners Hospital.
- In conjunction with Dr. Hope Northrup, I will be participating in a natural history project to describe endocrine abnormalities in females with Tuberous Sclerosis Complex (TSC).
- I am a co-investigator in the natural history study of Achondroplasia conducted by Dr. Jacqueline Hecht, PhD.
Education & Training
M.D. - National University of Colombia - 1999