Spring 2023 course listing
Employees of institutions within the Texas Medical Center may register as a non-degree student for one or more GSBS course each term provided they have the instructor's consent, their supervisor's approval and have complete documentation by the deadline date.
A completed application/registration form must be submitted to the Office of the Registrar at 7000 Fannin Suite 2250 Houston, TX 77030. Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic situation, the completed form may be emailed to email@example.com. Additionally, in place of a signature from the course instructor and your supervisor on the form, an email from same allowing you to take the class is acceptable. Please include this as part of your submission.
For Spring 2023, this form and all supporting documents must be completed by 5:00 pm on Dec. 14.
First time employee applicants will need to submit the application form approximately 5 working days ahead of the Dec. 14 deadline to allow some time for all required processing. It is not possible to submit an application on the deadline day and complete the required processing at the end of business that day. Please allow yourself plenty of time to obtain the appropriate documentation. The Office of the Registrar will not enroll you in the class unless all *documents required are completed.”
You may choose to take a course for audit or credit and the following forms are applicable only for GSBS courses.
To take a course for credit:
To audit a course:
Dates to remember: (dates below are valid only for Spring 2023 term)
|Nov 16 - Dec 14
||Open Registration (first time employee applicants must submit form 5 working days before deadline to the UTH Office of the Registrar)
||Payment Deadline (balance after this date is subject to a $50.00 late fee)
|Jan 9 - 25
||Add/Drop (no transcript grade entry; for registered students only)
|Jan 26 - Mar 10
||Drop w/ WP or WF grade (need to use drop form)
||Spring Class Start Date
||Spring Class End Date
|May 1 - 5
*Documents required: (by the registrar’s office to complete registration before the above deadline)
- Complete and submit Certificate of Immunization:
- Certain immunizations are required before a student can register for classes. A hold will be placed on your record until the form is received. A complete immunization form must be uploaded into myUTH. You will receive your myUTH account information via email from the Office of the Registrar once your information has been processed by the Registrar's office. Please see the FAQ for questions or contact Student Health Services for assistance regarding required immunizations.
- Beginning with the Spring 2012 semester, Texas law mandates that all new and transfer students show proof of vaccination against bacterial meningitis. For more information, including exceptions permitted by law, please see page 4 of the immunization form.
- Residency Information (if claiming Texas residency)
- Criminal Background Check (processing can take 5-10 working days) – Complete criminal background check (CBC) and identify verification. GSBS has contracted with Pre-Check to process background checks for entering students. This background check is a separate requirement from any background check performed as part of your employment.
Click to begin the process of obtaining the background check. You are responsible for the payment of any fees associated with the CBC processing and the amount may vary depending on country/state. Pre-Check will contact you directly regarding additional fees. For questions regarding the background check, please contact Karen Weinberg
- Completed Sponsorship Authorization Form (only needed if a program or department will pay your tuition and fees). The sponsor or program should submit the form electronically and follow the GSBS-Specific Guide when completing the form. If the tuition and fees are not sponsored or paid (if you are self-funded) on 01/25/2023 by 5:00 p.m., the student’s registration will be canceled. The Registrar will make no exceptions to this rule and the student will not be reinstated for the semester. For questions regarding the sponsorship authorization form/process, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Students who will be paying on their own should make it a point to check myUTH to know what they need to pay in tuition and fees.
- Employees on a visa who wish to take a GSBS course as a non-degree seeking employee will also need to check with the UTHealth Office of International Affairs. This office may be reached at email@example.com. They are located at 7000 Fannin, Suite 130
Houston, Texas 77030
For further information about the registration process or to follow up on your registration, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that employees who take a GSBS course are subject to the same policies and grading systems used for regular GSBS degree-seeking students.